MPC International Summer Internship Program
This internship program is managed through the Max Planck-uOttawa Centre for Extreme and Quantum Photonics. These internships give the opportunity to outstanding uOttawa, FAU and TUM/LMU bachelor and master’s students to work in a photonics laboratory in a world-class research institution. This experience will expose you to a highly productive research environment, it will give you the opportunity to create a network of like-minded researchers, all while gaining real-world experience with cutting-edge research methods and infrastructure. Below, we provide more details on the application process and the internships.
Summer/Fall 2023 - Destination Canada
This announcement and the following information is only for FAU and TUM/LMU students traveling to Canada. The application process for students based in Canada travelling to Germany for summer 2023 is now closed.
- Opened exclusively to registered students at FAU and TUM/LMU.
- Bachelor’s students must have completed at least two years of their program.
- Masters students near the beginning of their degree will be prioritised.
- Internships should be between 3 and 8 weeks, start and end dates are flexible.
Your application package must include, in PDF format, the following.
- An up-to date CV highlighting your research interests and experience
- A motivation letter clearly outlining the kind of research that interests you, which uOttawa MPC group(s) you think would be the best match for your interests, and why. You may list as many or as few groups as you want. You can find a list of all MPC groups here. You should also include your preferred start and end dates.
- A copy of your latest academic transcripts. These do not have to be official transcripts.
- (Optional) A reference letter from an academic supervisor. This letter would highlight your excellence as a student and/or researcher, and confirm that you are a good candidate for a research-intensive internship.
- Please send all documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb. 10, 2023 Application period opens
- May 2, 2023: Application period closes
- May 3, 2023: Received applications are transmitted to MPC group based in Canada
- May 11, 2023: Offers from MPC groups are transmitted to prospective interns, which are followed-up with a videoconference call to discuss a research project and internship dates.
A financial support package will be offered to offset travel costs between Germany and Canada, and local accommodations. Exact amounts will depend on length of the research stay and thus will be determined on a case-by-case basis once successful candidates are matched with a research group in Ottawa.