MPC International Summer Internship Program
This internship program is managed through the Max Planck-uOttawa Centre for Extreme and Quantum Photonics. These internships give the opportunity to outstanding uOttawa bachelor and master’s students to work in a photonics laboratory in a world-class research institution. This experience will expose you to a highly productive research environment, it will give you the opportunity to create a network of like-minded researchers, all while gaining real-world experience with cutting-edge research methods and infrastructure. Below, we provide more details on the application process and the internships.
Summer 2023 - Destination Germany
This announcement and the following information are only for uOttawa students traveling to Germany. The application process for students based in Germany travelling to Canada will be held in March 2023.
- Opened exclusively to registered students at the University of Ottawa.
- Bachelor’s students must have completed at least two years of their program.
- Masters students near the beginning of their degree will be prioritised.
- Internships should be between 8 and 16 weeks, start and end dates are flexible.
Your application package must include, in PDF format, the following.
- An up-to date CV highlighting your research interests and experience
- A motivation letter clearly outlining the kind of research that interests you, which MPC group(s) you think would be the best match for your interests, and why. You may list as many or as few groups as you want. You can find a list of all MPC groups here. You should also include your preferred start and end dates.
- A copy of your latest academic transcripts. These do not have to be official transcripts.
- (Optional) A reference letter from an academic supervisor. This letter would highlight your excellence as a student and/or researcher, and confirm that you are a good candidate for a research-intensive internship.
- Please send all documents by email to email@example.com
- Nov. 7, 2022: Application period opens
- Nov. 21, 2022: Application period closes
- Nov 22, 2022: Received applications are transmitted to MPC group based in Germany
- Nov. 30, 2022: Offers from MPC groups are transmitted to prospective interns, which are followed-up with a videoconference call to discuss a research project and internship dates.
Travel costs between Canada and Germany, and local accommodations will be covered by the MPC. Additional financial support may be available and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.